What is a Mobile Static IP?
A static IP address is an Internet Protocol (IP) address number assigned to a network device by an administrator.
The mobile static IP address is just the same as a static IP with the only difference that allows the flexibility to move around your work space without being restricted by a fixed location.
All devices (routers, phones, tablets, desktops, laptops) for internet connectivity can be configured to have a static IP address. This might be done through a device giving out IP addresses (like the router) or by manually typing the IP address into the device from the device itself.
Using a mobile static IP basically means that the outside world can connect with your computer far more easily and reliably. It might be better for your business to use a static IP in some of the following cases below:
- Run Video Surveillance/CCTV – want a CCTV for your business? You’ll need a static IP for that
- Make better VOIP calls – it’s more reliable to use a static IP when using VOIP
- Enjoy less downtime – whenever a dynamic IP refreshes, you run the risk of downtime. It’s usually for a very short time, but if you’re relying on a stable connection it can be havoc all the same
- Get direct emails – a static IP enables you to set up an email server, so you’ll have more direct control over your email.
- Cloud solutions – using a static IP will make it much easier for you to run a server or host your own website, instead of paying for external hosting